Diablo 3 Error 3003
Let me tell you how to fix it under 2 minutes.
On PC Error 3003 has been noticed by number of Diablo users since the release of Diablo 3. It not only irritates but also makes it impossible to play the game because Diablo 3 Error 3003 comes again and again. Are you one of the affected ones?
Here are given tips to deal with error 3003 Diablo 3.
To fix this problem you:
- Need to Delete Preferences File
- Need to update Microsoft DirectX
- Need to check drivers for digital signature
- Need to check dial-up Internet Settings
- Need to stop conflicting background processes
- Need to remove unsupported drivers
- Need to delete Temporary Files
Make sure to follow sequence
You need to delete the D3Prefs.txt file. This file contains your Diablo 3 game setting. Possibly there could be few wrong values in this file which can crash Diablo 3 in Windows 7. You can resolve this issue by deleting D3Prefs.txt. For this you:
- Need to go to Start and select My Documents .
- Need to double click folder of Diablo III therein.
- Scroll you mouse on D3Prefs.txt file right click, select Delete option.
Update Microsoft DirectX
Second solution is to update your DirectX. It is the most important software which is mandatory to run the games. It is fact that Diablo 3 runs uninterruptedly if DirectX would be updated on regular basis.
To download the latest version of DirectX you need to go to DirectX Download Page. Download the latest version run the .exe file and install it on your computer and reboot your computer.
Check Drivers for Digital Signature
In third solution you need to check drivers for digital signature. You can do it with DirectX software the steps to check are given below:
- Go to Start and select Run .
- Write DxDiag in the Open box and click ENTER.
- Running this query will prompt you to check if your drivers are digitally signed. Press Yes.
- Now you need to follow the on screen instructions.
Check Dial-Up Internet Settings
Sometimes Dial-Up internet settings can cause Diablo 3 error 3003. Hence, the Dial-Up internet users need to disable the Dial each time when Network Connection comes with the option to resolve your problem. For this you need to:
- Open Internet Explorer. Click Tools menu and select Internet Options.
- You will see a new dialog click Connections tab.
- You can see three options in Connection tab. Here you need to make sure that Dial whenever a network connection is present the second option is not selected. If you see that this option is selected then you need to select any option from the other two.
- Press Apply | OK. It will fix Diablo 3 Windows 7 crash on PC.
Stop Conflicting Background Processes
Mostly what happens is that many users do not know that when computer starts it starts number of other services and processes. Whereas, while loading Diablo 3 there should be less services and processes started along with to lessen the chances of interruption. For this you need to get service optimizer software.
- You can instantly download Services Optimizer software. Install and run it.
- You will see the Services Manager tab In the left categories, select it. Press Optimize Services button, select Gaming Performance (Extreme Performance) option and click Apply.
Remove Unsupported Drivers
Error 3003 Diablo mostly occurs when we have malfunctioning derivers installed on our system. You can uninstall them quite easily by using Device Manager.
- Go to Start, select Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools.
- Here you can see Computer Management double click it.
- Here you can see Device Manager in Computer Management window select it from the left side panel.
- If you notice any drivers with yellow exclamation mark. You need to right-click them and select Uninstall option to reinstall them automatically on Windows start.
Delete Temporary Files
Your system's temporary files can cause error 3003 in Diablo. You need to delete the temporary files from the hard disk to fix the above mentioned error. Follow the steps given below:
- Click Start, select Run ; or press Windows Key + R.
- Type %Temp% in the Open box and press ENTER.
- Click File menu and select Delete option.
- Total downloads:5231555
- Download Time:2sec on dsl, 2min on dial-up
- Compatibility:Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 2000 32Bit & 64Bit OS Systems
- Support: Yes