Fix Error 1324 in Your PC
The error 1324 is called as Invalid Character error. It generally occurs when the user is installing a product, like Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office 2007, Microsoft Office 365 or Microsoft Office 2003.
Error Description is given below:
Error 1324. The folder path '/All Users' contains an invalid character.
This error occurs due to following reasons:
- Registry is broken
- Invalid characters were found in Windows Registry entries
- Corrupted user profile
- Corrupted setup extracted files
Step-by-Step Guide for Windows 8.1, Windows 8, 7 & Vista
It is important that you carry out these steps in order to fix the problem effectively:
Registry is Broken
Windows Registry is modified improperly in an improper way. Fix it using a registry cleaning tool. Following are the steps to resolve error 1324:
- Download a Registry Fix.
- Install and run it.
- Start a full registry scan.
- When registry errors are found, click the button Fix Errors to repair them.
- Restart your computer.
Invalid Characters were Found in Windows Registry
The setup registry entries seem to be modified in an unacceptable manner. Some invalid characters are entered which are not allowed.
Here are the steps to repair error 1324 in Windows 8.1, Windows 8 or Windows 7:
- Note down the invalid character specified in the error code.
- Click Start, select Run.
- Type RegEdit in the Search box, and press ENTER.
- Click Edit | Find.
- In the Find What box, Type
- From the search results, delete the invalid characters found in the respective registry entries, strings and their values.
- Close Registry Editor.
Corrupted User Profile
The user profile that you used to install a program may be corrupted. Log-off it, and log-in from another user profile to fix error 1324 in Windows 8.1, Windows 8 or Windows 7.
- Exit the setup program and all the programs that are running on your computer.
- Click Start.
- Next to the Shutdown option, select Switch User command.
- The active session will be logged-off.
- Enter into a new user account and re-run the setup program.
- Note: In case no additional user accounts are available, create a new user account.
Corrupted Setup Extracted Contents
The files extracted by your setup program can be corrupted. Delete such files using a System Cleaner feature, usually a part of System Utilities software.
Or otherwise, use the Disk CleanUp utility as shown below to fix error 1324:
- Click Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Disk CleanUp.
- Select a disk drive, and click OK button.
- Follow the on screen instructions.
- Total downloads:5231555
- Download Time:2sec on dsl, 2min on dial-up
- Compatibility:Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 2000 32Bit & 64Bit OS Systems
- Support: Yes