FIX Error 1309 for Windows 7/8, Vista and XP
You face "Fatal error during installation". It will exit the setup program; and you will not be able to install the product. This is how error 1309 makes you go mad. Follow the steps given here to get rid of it in WIndows 8, Windows 7, Vista and XP.
- Not enough security permissions are granted for a file
- Requested file was not found
- Setup registry entries are modified in unacceptable manner
- Unacceptable commands in concerning program files
- Setup was not run as an administrator
Not Enough Security Permissions are Granted for a File
Windows Error 1309 in Windows 7/8, Vista and XP may occur with telling a file on your computer cannot be processed because it lacks adequate security permissions.
In such a case, you have to note down the name and full path of the file shown in the error. Then, open the concerning directory. Right click that file, select Properties. Click Security tab. Click Edit. Grant required security permissions, and click OK | OK.
Requested File was Not Found
A file requested by the setup program cannot be found. The setup program you are running has to proceed a file; but it fails because it was not found in the concerning directory. That's why; error 1309 appears.
To fix 1309 error, copy the file specified in the error to the destination directory. For example, the error shows data1.cab cannot be found; then copy that file from another source, and paste into the directory specified in the error description.
Setup Registry Entries are Modified in Unacceptable Manner
Each setup program stores its settings in the Windows Registry database for future use. This information should not be modified in an improper manner. A possibility is that, the setup registry entries are modified in unacceptable manner; that's why error code 1309 in Windows 7/8, Vista and XP is occurring. To fix this error, download a registry cleaner and clean all the errors found in it.
Unacceptable Commands in Concerning Program Files
Some unacceptable commands/ their values in the concerning program files can bring error 1309. Fix the error by doing the steps given below:
- Click Start | All Programs | Accessories | Notepad.
- Click Format and deselect Word Wrap, if it's already checked.
- Press Ctrl + O. Or, click File | Open.
- In the File Name box, type the following directory, and press ENTER. C:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftOffice2003\Files\Setup
- From all the files listed in the above directory, select PROJPRO.XML file, and click Open.
- Click Edit | Find.
- In Find What, type the following line: OCLNCORE.OPC_1033
- Have you got CATCHLEVEL=1?
- If so, replace 1 with 3. Or delete it, and paste the following: CATCHLEVEL=3
- Press Ctrl + S. Or, click File | Save.
- Close the application.
Setup was Not Run as an Administrator
It is possible that you have not run the setup program as an administrator; that is why, it is showing error 1309. To fix error 1309, run the setup program as an administrator. First exit it, and right click the SETUP.EXE or INSTALL.EXE file, and select Run as Administrator option. Follow it.
- Total downloads:5231555
- Download Time:2sec on dsl, 2min on dial-up
- Compatibility:Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 2000 32Bit & 64Bit OS Systems
- Support: Yes